Sunday, November 15, 2009

Yoga-Love-Multiple Sclerosis


This blog is a gift from me to you.

If you're reading this, chances are you've got an interest in one or more: Yoga, Love or Multiple Sclerosis. Perhaps all three.

If it's all three then my heart goes out to you in it's biggest and strongest way. Because living with Multiple Sclerosis is something that deserves to be acknowledged, respected and admired.

Waking up every morning, wondering if you're going to be walk, see, stand, feel - that's a stress that no-one else can understand. However much you try and share with them, however compassionate and sweet they are.

But, the thing is, 9 times out to 10, people with MS do get up out of bed, deal with the stress in their own way and get on with it.

Diagnosed eight years ago, I focus my life with Yoga and Love (Reiki). During this journey I have become a qualified yoga teacher and Reiki practioner, I specialize in teaching yoga to persons with MS, my focus as well as the physical postures is helping people fall in love with themselves and find their inner-beauty and worth. I truly believe this has helped me become so strong and healthy. I am currently symptom free.

The road to this place of health and love that I'm in now has been long and hard. That's another story. Just know, it's included hospitalization, medication, tears, divorce. A whole lot of stories for another time.

For today I want to establish the objective of this blog: to help you find your way to your path that helps you - whatever it may be and to help you feel supported and loved.

TODAY'S EXERCISE:

Sit straight on a chair with feet on the floor, knees above the ankles. Pushing your feet into the ground feel your legs strong. Lift and straighten your spine and lift your heart up to the sky creating a little back bend. Drop your shoulders down your back and clasp your hands behind you, pull the heels of your hands together and lift your heart towards the sky. Keep your neck long, don't look up or down, look in front. Close your eyes, relax the muscles on your face and take 3 rounds of long slow deep breaths. Fill your heart and lungs with love and light, feel your body relax and fill with love.

xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. You are the best, sending love back to you! Keep inspiring us with your strength and inner beauty.

    ReplyDelete